June 6 – Faithful to the Truth

“For the word of the LORD is upright, And all His work is done in faithfulness.” – Psalm 33:4 (NASB)

In this world of ours there are many words being spoken or written. People talk endlessly all around us. Words are spoken, printed, sent using all possible media. Some of these words may be true but certainly not all. Deceivers also create messages with words. Can we believe that humans now only make up 38.5% of internet traffic? The other 61.5% is non-human (bots, hacking tools, etc.). Our verse reminds us that the Word of the Lord is right and true and it tells us why we can believe that – it’s because of what He does. He always does what He says He will do. It’s our God’s faithfulness in all things that makes His word trustworthy. We have come to be very suspicious and wary of so much of what we hear and read today because those writing and saying these words are not faithful to the truth. We can be thankful and rejoice knowing that we can trust God’s words because they are backed with His promises and He will make good everything that He says by His actions. What He has said He will do, and what He has spoken, He will make good.

197

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.